Planning to sell your home after Brexit? Now is the perfect time to prepare your property for listing. You should always set aside a few weekends to do the work and follow these three steps.
1. Declutter and clean your home
This may sound like an obvious step, but you should never underestimate the importance of having a clean and clutter free home.
Eliminate clutter before cleaning. This is the perfect opportunity to clear your home of any unwanted or unnecessary items.
Deep clean your property. This will most likely take the most amount of time, whilst doing this always pay extra attention to the kitchen, bathrooms and windows.
Organise cabinets, draws and closets. It may seem strange, but many buyers will open cabinets and closets to get a better idea of storage space.
2. Make any small repairs that are required
Take care of any little problems before you list the property on the market. Here are just some examples of fixes that you may be able to complete yourself.
- Replace caulking around baths, showers and sinks.
- Fix the faucets and any leaks.
- Freshen or repair any grout as required.
- Fix any cracked or damaged windows.
- Replace any fix any damaged window screens.
- Replace any burnt out lightbulbs
3. Make the exterior look perfect
You want to achieve the maximum amount of appeal to potential buyers so that they want to come inside and view your home. Here are just a few ways to improve curb appeal.
- Trim any bushes, shrubs and trees. If possible, make sure that any vegetation is not touching your roof.
- Repair any broken gutters.
- If possible, apply new gravel or stones to any areas that need it, this will help to improve curb appeal immediately.
- Clear and repair any concrete areas if applicable such as driveways and walkways.
If you are looking to sell your property in near future, why not get in touch now.